Home > Our Student Development Programme > Student Development
Mission / Objectives of Department
Vision: Dunmanites who are Disciplined in Mind and Conduct.
1. To provide Dunmanites with a conducive environment to
- achieve academic excellence in line with the school’s academic goals.
- excel in CCA in line with the school goals.
- be creative and innovative and forge breakthroughs
2. To instil in students Discipline and Discernment through a set of expectations.
3. To develop a caring and sharing environment, where pupils put the interest of others before their own.
Programmes and Activities
A whole-school approach is adopted where teachers are strongly encouraged to manage discipline at the classroom and form-class level.
- Advisors - Principal and Vice-Principal.
- Overall In charge – Discipline Master.
- Discipline Committee – Level Coordinators, OM and AEDs.
- All staff – managing discipline at the classroom level.
A referral system has been put in place to support teachers in their management of serious (BETA) offenders.
Philosophy on Student Development & Management
To promote a safe & conducive environment and discipline with care & dignity.
Student Development & Management Approches
The school adopts a whole-school, multi-pronged approach to student development and management through the following key strategies:
- Whole School Approach through involving all staff and students in establishing supportive policies, systems and practices.
- Building a culture of care through establishing positive school and school classroom environments in which students feel safe and cared for and have a sense of belonging to the school.
- Delivering structured Character & Citizenship Education Programme that teach and provide opportunities for application of values and skills necessary for demonstrating positive behaviours.
- Providing intervention support for specific groups of students who require help in managing their behaviours and address unmet developmental and intrapersonal needs.
- Providing capacity building opportunities for teachers to enable them to carry out their disciplinary role effectively.