Some memories are unforgettable, remaining ever vivid and heartwarming…
Has Dunman made a difference in your life?
The school is working on a collation of stories from former Dunmanites and we would like your stories to be an inspiration to the Dunman family.
Celebrate the Present:
We measure our success not just by awards, but by the lives of Dunmanites whom we have touched and changed. Wewant to nurture Dunmanites to be ethical change-makers who are morally upright, are responsible for their futures and desire to bring about positive changes in society.
Several events and activities have been implemented since the launch of our anniversary celebrations in January 2018 and more is yet to come. Here are some of the details:
1) Dunman 55 LaunchA short classroom activity was conducted for the students as they started the year. Students were invited to reflect on what Dunman means to them through questions which captured the slogan: Honour our Past. Celebrate our Present. Inspire our Future.
2) Dunman 55 LogoThe pixelated colours of the symbolic Dunman lion, which represent Colours, the theme of the celebration was designed by our very own ex-Dunmanite, Hoon Jie Ling from the class of 2013. Her artwork is imprinted in Dunman’s history.
3) Dunman 55 Fun Facts PamphletThis pamphlet was given to secondary one students as a memento during their secondary one orientation heritage trail in January.
4) HUES 2018On 29 January, all the Performing Arts groups came together to put up our biennial concert entitled HUES. This concert celebrated the diversity and colourful experiences of a student in Dunman.
5) Do-It-Yourself Dunman 55 MementoAll students and staff were involved in making a personalised Dunman 55 shrink art keychain in February. Students and staff not only created their own Dunman 55 memento but in going through the activity together, also created memories as One Dunman.
6) My Dunman in 55 Picture
A collection of 55 photographs of Dunman beautifully captured by our staff member, Mr Fairuz Jabbar was compiled to depict many facets of the current Dunman experience. Through a year-long exhibition, the Dunman family contributed quotes for the pictures which resonated with them. These photographs have been compiled into a photo book and are now displayed in the Heritage Room.
7) Old School ModelIn honouring our past, the old Dunman Secondary School model was unveiled on Prize-Giving Day on 6 April 2018.
8) Dunman Games FiestaIn celebration of Dunman 55, the Physical Education Department organised the inaugural Dunman Games Fiesta. Students were treated to a variety of attractions ranging from traditional carnival game stalls, 55 seconds to win it games, to huge inflatables! Through their participation, students accumulated game stamps, which allowed them to exchange for exclusive Dunman 55 souvenirs. Many students stayed beyond the official dismissal time to continue a time of fun and excitement at the attractions.
Hi Fifty Five Family CanvasCurrent students and staff made handprints on ‘One Dunman’ canvas which has been hung in the atrium to commemorate Dunman’s 55th anniversary.10) Dunman HomecomingDunman’s 55th anniversary celebrations will culminate with a homecoming event on 10 November 2018, which will serve as a platform for meeting friends both old and new as we connect, recollect and celebrate everything that is truly Dunman.